Sunday, January 7, 2007

We are Works in Progress

Dear Blogger Family and Friends:

As always, I welcome you with a warm hug and hope your new year is off to a fabulous start!

Every so often we are faced with situations, not of our asking.....but sometimes of our own doing. It can be a real challenge not only to face up to these situations, but to admit accountability and come up with an acceptable resolution.

No-one is perfect, and unfortunately we live in a world cluttered with distractions and chaos. When we are confronted with issues that have no easy answers (personal, financial, political, moral, etc.), the solution may be painful and slow. It's not as simple as calling Triple A for roadside assistance. In most cases, you just have to ride-out the discomfort, however slow the process, and maintain your courage without losing your focus or direction.

Once resolved, if you can mentally step outside the situation, then you can learn a great deal about yourself from the experience...... There is a lot to be gained by trusting your instincts, making changes for the better, and just doing the right thing.

"I am Me. In all the world, there is no one else exactly like me. Everything that comes out of me is authentically mine, because I alone chose it...I own everything about me: my body, my feelings, my mouth, my voice, all my actions, whether they be to others or myself. I own my fantasies, my dreams, my hopes, my fears. I own my triumphs and successes, all my failures and mistakes. Because I own all of me, I can become intimately acquainted with me. By doing so, I can love me and be friendly with all my parts. I know there are aspects about myself that puzzle me, and other aspects that I do not know....but as long as I am friendly and loving to myself, I can courageously and hopefully look for solutions to the puzzles and ways to find out more about me. However I look and sound, whatever I say and do, and whatever I think and feel at a given moment in time, is authentically me. If later some parts of how I looked, sounded, thought, and felt turn out to be unfitting, I can discard that which is unfitting, keep the rest, and invent something new for that which I discarded. I can see, hear, feel, think, say and do. I have the tools to survive, to be close to others, to be productive, and to make sense and order out of the world of people and things outside me. I own me, and therefore, I can engineer me. I am me, and I am Okay."
-Virginia Satir

"The Faces behind Breast Cancer" Update:
We are back in the studio following our holiday hiatus. Time for one last push before meeting our February deadline. If anyone would still like to participate, please contact me ASAP.

Stay strong, stay well, and keep on dancing!

Lots of Love, Josie
The Pink Crusader
thepinkcrusader1@aol.com

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully it works and we will party in Vegas. Better yet, I owe you a dinner at Alfredo's in Rome. Let's go first class couz! Ciao bella. Big C

Anonymous said...

Just us 2 in Ohio :o) Hope your Recovering? We think about you alot :o) Hope things are going good there! Love ya, Diane & Ed

Anonymous said...

Josie –

Hello and Happy New Year!!!!! Just checking in on you. How are you??

Molly

Anonymous said...

Hey there,
I am going through my files, and found all the policies you helped me with, WOW, blast from the past!! It put a smile on my face with just a little tear!! Oh my I can't believe how much I miss you here. As I read the policies, I can remember like it was yesterday we were here together.

Love Patty

Anonymous said...

Hi Josie,
Just wanted to tell you I have been thinking about you. I hope your surgery went smoothly. I am sorry that I have not called ,it seems that time just flies by!!! Even though I haven't called never means I am not thinking about you. Oh , I could keep writing ,but I am at work and running out of time . Say Hi to everyone. Love ,Janet

Anonymous said...

I wish I could spread your thoughts all over the globe...well said, my sister...

From one of those Works in Progress.. Love, Rosie