Saturday, January 13, 2007

Chocolate, Shopping, & Ice Cream in Bed

Greetings to all my Blogger Family and Friends!

Let me give you a warm welcome with an extra helping of hugs and kisses and a cherry on top!

As you settle into the routine of the new year and try desperately not to break your New Year's resolutions, I suspect that most of you, like myself, may be struggling to stay on track. However, I have a simple solution: Don't give up....just give yourself a break and name your poison! I'm not talking about going overboard....but rather give yourself permission to occasionally indulge in order to regain a sense of harmony and well-being.

Some things you just can't rationalize and at times we see it as a sign of weakness to give in to a little indulgence. We find it difficult to pamper ourselves without feeling guilt, regret or remorse. However, if we constantly deny ourselves simple pleasures, then how can we truly appreciate all the goodness around us?

Don't get me wrong, we need to keep things in perspective. A little self-indulgence can go a long way. (One bite of a Frango mint can trigger a flood of memories dating back to the birth of my son!) I'm just an ordinary person with ordinary needs, wants and desires, but all I'm saying is that every once in awhile, it is fun and necessary to treat ourselves without getting hung up on lack of self-discipline or loss of self-control.

In the end, be reminded that we are human beings and not robots. We need to revive the senses, disconnect from the real world, kick back, and enjoy the simplistic pleasure of guilt-free indulgence. In doing so, you may not find the meaning of life, but you will have enjoyed a moment of happiness that may add meaning to your life! So go for two scoops and add extra sprinkles! It's all about you, you, and you! Don't over-analyze it. Just think of it as giving yourself a kiss, and saying, "I love me." After all, what's not to love?

"Happiness radiates like the fragrance from a flower, and draws all good things toward you. Allow your love to nourish yourself as well as others. Do not strain after the needs of life. It is sufficient to be quietly alert and aware of them. In this way life proceeds more naturally and effortlessly. Life is here to enjoy!"
- Maharishi Mahesh Yogi

Book Update: We are nearly finished with the photo shoots and I urge anyone who still wants to participate, to contact me ASAP!

Stay well, stay strong, and keep on dancing.....all the way to the mall!

Josie
The Pink Crusader
thepinkcrusader1@aol.com

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Cancer Girl,
OHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.(remember your yoga) You have such a zen-like persona, I think you may become my new guru. Bubbles likes your latest message. Now you know what you need to do for Bubbles that will take 5 minutes of your time. If I do not hear from Miss Cancer Girl than I will be forced to look elsewhere for my spiritual enlightenment. Now I'm off to make my favorite "brownies" I am celebrating the 40 year anniversay of the summer-of-love. (even though technically it starts in January which is why it should be called the winter -of-love) OK
Peace, Groovy to you and Bubble out

Anonymous said...

Josie, I agree. And so, let me know when you're up for scones and clotted cream again. -- Staci

PS: Congratulations on the progress on the book. That's very inspiring.

Anonymous said...

Hi Josie,

Glad to hear you are making slow & steady progress. I hope the tests goes well & please keep me updated on your progress.

Take good care!

Love Sue

Anonymous said...

I have been intending to call you and have not gotten to the final steps yet! I do hope that your condition improves as each day goes by. You are in my prayers.

Wishing you a Happy, Healthy New Year!
With a hug,
Pat

Anonymous said...

Dear Cancer Girl,
Thank you for the alloted 5 minutes needed for Bubbles video debut. Glad you enoyed it. As for the hairpiece..it's not just for Cancer-girls! My advice to you have fun with the baldness..it's an excuse to do crazy things. Do you own a blondie?
By the way..how do the new tatas look?
Piece, Love and Groovy to you!
Bubble out and have fun.
Love you,
The Bubblemeister

Anonymous said...

Hi Josie!
I noticed a comment from our Big C.
I'm on for a little travel, either Vegas or Rome is good for me. You know I always got to tag along!
Love ,
Mimi

Anonymous said...

Hello!
You've been on my mind. How are ya?
I'll drop another line soon!
Love, Gloria

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the sneak preview of your latest blog post! I am smirking devilishly knowing that I heard the contents before ANYBODY else... hahaha. <-- (Evil laugh)

Anyways, keep up the good work and uplifting advice. I can see you have some big fans out there - especially this Bubbles character.

Love,

Dr. Dalip Evil, Esq.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed our visit yesterday and hope that we'll be able to do it again sometime... I could have visited with you for hours and after I left a
mission of questions crossed my mind. You are facinating... and beautiful... you touched my heart immediately when we first met...
Hugs!
Brenda

Anonymous said...

well done, Josie,

you have been able to capture and describe one of the best ideological guidelines to help us move during good and stormy weather.keep it up.

love, daddy

Anonymous said...

It's wonderful! You express yourself so beautifully.

Rosemary

Anonymous said...

Good Morning,
It would be nice to live closer, but a phone call was just like you were here! Thanks for being there for me.
Have a great day,
Love Patty

Anonymous said...

Hope all is well and you're feeling well!! I could use a little sunshine to go along with this chilly weather... it's supposed to freeze again this weekend... I just hope that they sand the streets so we can get to the hospital on Monday morning!!! LOL!!!

Brenda

Anonymous said...

Yes, like you said You are not alone. Sometimes is a little hard to ask for help (because the people has their own lives and busy you know, but, I will promise, when I need help I will call) Thank you very much for the moment, I will never forget.
Love
Martha