Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Blow Out the Candles....and Pass the Cake!

Hi Everyone!

Today's my birthday! Give it up.....for the birthday girl! I am just as happy to be celebrating my 52nd birthday as if it were my 16th or 21st.....Not so long ago, I did not think I'd live to see 50......Life is such a precious gift and 52 feels pretty darn good!

Thanks to all my family, relatives and friends who have joined in the fun. I appreciate each and every e-mail, card and call. And, special thanks to my husband and son who surprised me with my own website......can't give away all the secrets, but we're working on the "blueprints" which will dazzle and delight. I will be so happy to trade-in this blog spot for the real deal!

Some of you may not know this, but December 20 is also the anniversary of my grandfather's passing (on my mother's side). His death. My birth. While I never knew him, we share this mystical bond....As Papa Bear (my Dad) would remind me, "It's all part of the life cycle." And, as my late mother would say, "Josie, you were meant to be born on this day." It's like the song from Blood, Sweat & Tears...."And when I die, and when I'm gone, there'll be one child born in this world to carry on...to carry on."

Ironically, while I celebrate another miracle year, I am saddened and humbled by the recent death of my friend and classmate, Candy Kolp Paumier. Candy had a lot of spunk and never backed away from anything. We send our deepest condolences to her husband Ray, children, extended family and friends.

"We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand - and melting like a snowflake." - Marie B. Ray

Book Update:"The Faces behind Breast Cancer,"....We are on holiday hiatus and will resume shooting after the New Year. We've got good momentum, positive feedback and wonderful support.....things continue to look up! This baby will soon have wings and be traveling to a book store near you!

Happy Holidays to one and all. Peace, Joy & Happiness to my fellow life dancers.

Love, Josie

"The Pink Crusader"
thepinkcrusader1@aol.com

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Josie!!
Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear josie, happy birthday to YOU!!!

About the angel necklace, I did not go out of my way at all. I saw it in an add and Mallory was going to the mall, so she picked it up for me. She also said it was the perfect gift for you, we weren't looking for it, it found us!! I just want you to know that your Rhode Island friends will always be your friends no matter where you are you will always be part of my life. Please do not feel like it was too much, it is my pleasure to have you as such a special person in my life!
Oh enough of that, you are amazing.
Love Patty

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Josie!
I hope Tony takes you for a special dinner for your birthday since I can't. You are always in my thoughts and prayers.
Love, Cecile

Anonymous said...

I am glad you got your blog back just in time before your birthday. Let me be the first one to wish you a very happy birthday. Many returns!

Love,
Tony

Anonymous said...

Hi Juicy Fruit! I want to be the first to wish you a very Happy Birthday tomorrow. Enjoy your day! Much Love, Rosie

Anonymous said...

good morning and a very,very happy birthday. love,daddy. p.s.i attempted to find your web but it wasn't there yet

Anonymous said...

Happy B-day, Josie!
Your blog makes me smile ... I'm looking forward to the website.
Debbie R.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!! I'm so glad I could fly into town on your special day. It makes the holidays feel like the holidays when I can spend it at home. We have a fun week ahead of us, and it's great that the blog is up and running again. Remember, you are 52 years young.

love,
Dalip

Anonymous said...

hey cancer girl! happy birthday..celebrate like it's 1999! O key dokie you made me teary eyed with your latest posting.Party Out Enough already, Peace, Love & groovy to ya THe Bubble Meister

Anonymous said...

PS from Bubbles Did I remember to say Happy Birthday? Bubble out

Anonymous said...

Greetings Sister-pal, With or without your hair, you are beautiful. So wonderful to chat with you so frequently on the phone and e-mail. I don't think I can recall even one complaint from you over the past year. I have to remember this, as I tend to moan and groan over so many mole hills! But you have been a source of inspiration for Deb and I, especially this year as we have communicated more. And whenever it is Okay with you, I'll stop in and bring you some fresh fish from the Gulf as I head back to Austin from one of my many fishing trips. And mail you fresh herbs, con su permisso! Here's to your indomitable spirit, my dear. Your brother-pal, Pedro

Anonymous said...

Hi Josie! Sounds like you had a great birthday. I can't wait for the new website. Love, Mimi

Anonymous said...

Dearest Josie,
Wishing you, Tony and Dalip a very Merry Christmas. It won't be the same without you in Ohio this year.
Love,
Mimi, Jim and the kids